Final program (new version 06 09 2017
Special issues of the Nanocomposites (Taylor & Francis), Polymer International (Wiley), Polymer Degradation and Stability (Elsevier) and Journal of Renewable Materials (Scrivener Publishers) will be published with selected papers from BIOPOL-2017
You are cordially invited to participate in the 6th International Conference on Biobased and Biodegradable Polymers (BIOPOL-2017) to be held in Mons (Belgium) on 11-13 September 2017.
The conference has the aim to provide a forum for researchers, students and companies from all over the world to exchange up-to-date ideas and opinions on current research and new applications of biopolymers and biocomposites
- Bioplastics from natural polymers, directly extracted from biomass:
- Bacterial polymers
- Thermoplastic and thermosetting bioplastics, indirectly produced from biomass:
Poly(lactic acid) and Bio-polyesters.
Glyceride based materials from vegetable oils
Materials based on polyols extracted from biomass
- Bioproduction, biotech & biodegradability:
- Biocatalysis and biotechnological production
- Enzymatic production and modification
- Biodegradation, eco-toxicity, LCA
- Multiphase systems:
- Bio-based blends
- Biocomposites and nano-biocomposites
- Industrial applications
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable packaging
- Bio-based building materials
- Materials for health-care
- Valorization of agro-residues and wastes for synthesis of monomers and chemicals
1st and 2nd BIOPOL were organized in Alicante (Spain) in October 2007 and 2009, BIOPOL-2011 was held in Strasbourg (France), BIOPOL-2013 in Rome (Italy) and BIOPOL-2015 in Donostia-San Sebastian (Spain). All these previous conferences were successful, with more than 250 researchers from around the world presenting their latest results on this field, indicating the current growing interest for the specific topics addressed. The success of the previous editions aimed us to organize this 6th edition. Our challenge is to offer an attractive scientific program while promoting contacts between participants in a relaxed and pleasant environment offered by the beautiful atmosphere in Mons.